Vegan | Refined Sugar Free | No Bake | Gluten-free
Vanoffee Cashew Nut Butter Cups
These cashew buttercups made with Vanoffee buttons are the bomb!
Soft and gooey from room temperature but equally delightful melt-in-the-mouth-y straight out of the fridge.
[ Vanoffee is our smooth and creamy, toffee-like vegan raw chocolate that is made without Cacao powder, only the Cacao butter, Lucuma and Coconut sugar, uplifted with real organic Vanilla! We make this as a 38g bar, and also 100g & 1kg bags of Buttons, which are really convenient for using in your Vegan baking projects]
• 1 x 100g bag Vanoffee buttons
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
• 60g cashew butter
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp vegan milk - we used almond
1. Gently melt together the Vanoffee buttons with the coconut oil using the Bain Marie method.
2. Whilst the chocolate is melting, line a cupcake tin with 8 cases. You can also use a mold, if you have one.
3. Pour a small amount of the melted Vanoffee chocolate into the bottoms of the cases, making sure to reserve enough for topping them up later, then transfer to the fridge or freezer until set.
4. Whilst waiting for the chocolate to set, make up the cashew butter filling. In a small bowl, mix the cashew butter with the maple syrup and small amount of vegan milk. Stir until fully combined and the mixture is thick, but easy to stir.
5. Remove the cups from the fridge when set and dollop small amounts of the cashew filling over the chocolate base, making sure not to spread it all the way to the sides. Pour the remaining Vanoffee chocolate over each cup, covering the cashew mixture fully, then place back in the fridge to set fully before serving.