Vegan | Refined Sugar Free | Gluten-free
Chocolate Covered Pumpkin cups with Spiced Chocolate Almonds!
These spiced chocolate pumpkin cups are super simple to make. A little bit of roasting (pumpkin). A little bit of melting (chocolate buttons). And a bit of letting the food processor do all the hard work for you while you put some tunes on and nibble some spiced chocolate almonds while you have a boogie in your kitchen :) Why not?
These cupcakes are a lovely healthy yet special treat to enjoy at any time of the day (yes we would eat them for breakfast!).
· 100 g / ½ cup dates, pitted
· 200 g / 1 cup cubed pumpkin or other autumn squash
· 120 ml / ½ cup roasted almond butter
· ¼ tsp salt
· 1/3 tsp cinnamon
· 1/3 tsp ginger
· 1/8 tsp cloves
· 1/8 tsp nutmeg
· 200g Vegan Dark Chocolate Buttons
· Spiced Chocolate Almondsto decorate
1. Soak pitted dates in boiling water for 20 minutes. Squeeze out the excess water after soaking.
2. Steam the cubed pumpkin until it is soft enough that you can pierce it with a knife easily (about 15 minutes).
3. Place cooled-off pumpkin, drained dates and almond butter in a food processor and process until smooth. Add salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg to taste and process some more until spices are all mixed in.
1. In a bain marie, melt the chocolate buttons
2. Spoon about a teaspoon of melted chocolate into each paper cup & then put them into the freezer for 15 minutes or so.
3. Once the chocolate has set, fill them with about a teaspoon of the pumpkin filling and create chocolate tops by pouring about a teaspoon of melted chocolate over the top,
4. Place in the freezer for at least an hour to allow the tops to harden. Sprinkle with chopped Spiced Chocolate Almonds for decoration. Store in an air-tight container in the freezer.