Vegan | Gluten Free | Refined Sugar Free | No-Bake
Almond Butter & Chocolate Button Slice
Treat yourself with these tasty, vegan, no-bake slices. Three layers of deliciousness: A vegan 'caramel' sandwiched between a no-bake nut and oat based 'shortbread' base and a raw chocolate topping - topped with a Vanoffee button!
Naturally sweetened with dates, and coconut blossom sugar (in the chocolate).
SHORTBREAD BASE INGREDIENTS:
○ 100g nuts (we used 50/50 cashews and walnuts)
○ 100g oats
○ Pinch sea salt
○ 100g pitted medjool dates
○ 60g coconut oil
○ 70g coconut oil
○ 100g almond butter
○ 150g pitted medjool dates
○ A pinch of sea salt
1. To make the base, blitz the nuts, oats and a pinch of sea salt in a food processor until the mixture resembles a fine flour.
2. Add pitted medjool dates and coconut oil. Blend again until mixture sticks together when pressed.
3. Press base mixture into a lined tin and place in the freezer to set whilst making the caramel layer.
4. In a small saucepan melt the coconut oil and almond butter together. When combined, add a pinch of sea salt and the pitted dates. Leave on a low heat, stirring occasionally, until dates have softened.
5. Blend the caramel ingredients together in a food processor or high speed blender until smooth, then spread over ‘shortbread’ base base in the tin. Place back into the freezer until set.
6. Melt a bag of Pitch Dark buttons in a bain marie with the almond butter, until fully combined.
7. Pour chocolate over the caramel layer. Decorate with Vanoffee buttons and set aside in the fridge for an hour to set fully before removing from the tin, slicing and serving.